- Short-Term Visit (90 days or less)
- Visitors from countries or regions exempt from visa
No visa is necessary to enter Japan unless the visitor receives rewards or salaries (excluding travel expenses) during their stay in Japan.
- Visitors from other countries or regions
A short-term visa is necessary to enter Japan. Follow the procedures below.
- Send a copy of your passport and itinerary to IRCN office at least once month before the day you plan to enter Japan.
- IRCN Office issues and sends documents which you need to submit to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General in your home country.
- Submit them with other necessary documents to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
- Long Term Visit (more than 90 days)
Visitors who stay longer than 90 consecutive days in Japan or receive rewards or salary (excluding travel expenses) must obtain a visa. Most of the visitors obtain a "Professor Visa", even if they do not possess professorship.
Please contact IRCN Office if you would like to obtain a Professor visa.
IRCN Office will help your application
|Related URL:||UTokyo Housing Office|
Hotels near the IRCN, Hongo campus